Reading at Home
Here are some great talking points and questions to ask your children after you read a book:
- Describe your favourite part of the book.
- Was there anything in the book that surprised you?
- If you could be a character in the book for one day, who would you chose to be? Why?
- If this book was turned into a film, which actors would like to see play each character?
- If one of the characters could come to your house for dinner, who would you like to have visit?
- If you had to describe this book in one word, what word would you choose?
- How did the setting of the story impact the characters?
- Were you satisfied with the ending of the story? Why?
- Were there any new words that you learned from reading the book?
- What do you think the author wanted us to take away from this book?
- If you could ask the author one question, what would you ask?
- What questions do you have after reading the book?
- Do you have a friend who you think would like this book? Who is it? Why?
- Does this author have any other books? Have you read any of them?